Click here to download my CV (résumé) (PDF, 111K).
You may also email me here.
CV / RÉSUMÉ
RUDY POSPISIL — Web Development
Online Portfolio: www.rudypospisil.com
PANTONE, Carlstadt, New Jersey
Senior Global Web Manager
January 2017 – Present
- Manage a team of marketers, designers, developers, and third party vendors.
- Responsible for Pantone’s global websites, with direct ownership over the Pantone’s USA and European websites, as well as strategic direction and asset development for partner affliliate websites.
- Oversee art direction and copywriting for all websites to ensure they meet brand guidelines.
- Work with the communications and e-commerce teams to recommend and execute new forms of marketing that drive site traffic including PPC, affiliate, display, social media.
- Implement best practices to ensure ideal customer experience.
- Leading the effort to redesign and align all Pantone websites.
- Lead daily management activities for the web team in line with Danaher Business Systems.
Web Services Manager
April 2014 – January 2017
- Responsible for managing the daily operations of Pantone’s North American websites.
- Helped lead 18% year over year revenue growth, 25% growth in traffic.
- Implemented SEO standard work utilizing best practices.
- Reported on weekly metrics such as traffic, bounce, acquistion, uptime and instituted countermeasures for downtrends.
- Developed and directed the execution of projects for Pantone.com from development to QA and deployment.
- Managed the scope and design of each project, including scope, level of effort, and scheduling.
- Facilitated communications between technical and non-technical groups, including designers, developers, product owners, and compliance for each project. Translated business requirements into technical specifications.
Freelance Web Development
April 2004 – April 2015
• Designed and built an online recruiting portal, utilizing Drupal 7. Edited copy.
We are Wisconsin
• Designed & built website for documentary film, utilizing WordPress.
• Currently designing and developing an intranet web-based photography tracking and repurposing system, along with a digital asset management (DAM) library, utilizing a Laravel 3 MVC framework running on Linux (CentOS). Logins authenticated against company’s Active Directory (LDAP). Inventory data pulled from Microsoft Dynamics NAV server on a nightly basis. Git used for source code management. (intranet). Wrote and edited copy.
Scott Kay Jeweler, Inc
• Concepted, designed, and coded iPad tools for the sales team.
(profiled on apple.com – http://www.apple.com/ipad/business/profiles/scott-kay/ ).
• Designed & wrote an iPad-based catalog, and deployed to retailers across the US for in-store use.• Updated & maintained parent website, and several microsites.
• Wrote & implemented class-based PHP/MySQL data capture forms.
• Developed a cloud-based syncing system to keep field operatives up-to-date.
• Utilizing and modifying open-source software, implemented an online digital asset management (DAM)
system to allow retailers self-service access to all corporate photography, collateral, co-ops, etc.
• Developed an in-house image tracking system for photography and retouching. (Filemaker Pro).
• Built a “members-only” website, utilizing a custom OO framework.
• E-Commerce Website Development. SOAP API development to “speak” to a warehouse management system.
Greens for Kerry
• Designed and built website for Presidential election.
Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, NY
Instructor, Communications Design / HEOP
January 2006 – April 2015
- Taught Imaging I and Imaging II to Communications Design/BFA students. Explained the technical fundamentals of photography along with how to concept photographic ideas for winning advertising campaigns and how to create and incorporate typography properly.
- Taught Adobe Creative Suite – Premiere, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects, Acrobat,, Bridge, Lightroom.
- Taught 4D Computer Design (Photography and video, and Adobe CS) to incoming Freshman as part of HEOP (Higher Education Opportunity Program).
SelectNY, New York, NY
January 2009 – April 2010
- Concepted and designed advertising layouts.
- Art directed beauty, fashion, and still life photo shoots.
- Developed & oversaw retouching briefs for final artwork. Released mechanicals to major publications.
- Utilized Photoshop extensively on a daily basis to create photo compositions along with retouching.
- With head copywriter, developed storyboards for television scripts and subsequently led illustration.
Built advertisement mechanicals for magazine placement.
Clinique /Estee Lauder, New York, NY
Art Director/Production Artist/In-House Photographer
July 2005 – January 2009
- Created and maintained two in-house photo studios utilizing a Capture One workflow.
- Developed and taught InDesign workshops to transition the creative team from Quark.
- Concepted and designed direct mail and collateral materials.
- Presented concepts and executions to the global Creative Director, the global Marketing team, and the President.
- Art Directed the Gift With Purchase still life product & beauty photo shoots each season.
- Using Flash, animated storyboards for television commercials.
- Developed web animations utilizing Flash, After Effects, and FCP.
- Photographed product set-ups for print comps and storyboard comps.
Loomis Group, San Francisco, CA
Production Artist/In-House Photographer
June 2003 – Jan 2005
- Responsible for handing off all creative to production vendors.
- Coordinated with team members to determine best manner of inks, paper, size relating to client expectations.
- Developed a strict PDF-X1/A outgoing workflow which dramatically reduced errors on the vendor side. As such, all prepress issues were resolved before handoff.
- Built magazine ad mechanicals and coordinated with magazines for email/ftp delivery and SWOP proofs.
- Photoshop expert – color corrected, composited, retouched according to client needs.
- Illustrator expert – built logos, artwork, and all pre-PDF-X1/A files.
- Attended press checks to ensure fidelity expectations met.
- In-house photographer responsible for product shots, client material, and in-house marketing materials.
Andresen/Image Direct/Bay Area Prep, San Francisco, CA
Prepress and Printing Account Executive.
Sept 1997 – Nov 2002
- Solicited new business and maintained clients.
- Oversaw the traffic of numerous, simultaneous printing and prepress jobs. (clients – Sega, Macromedia, Rathje, Chadwick, Loomis Group, Bio-Rad, NKD, AMH, Viansa Winery, Quantum, J. Walter Thompson, Buzzsaw/Autodesk, Joe Boxer, Lucent et al)
Manager, Electronic Prepress
Sept 1997 – Mar 1999
- Oversaw the Macintosh prepress dept. Duties included scanning, color, retouching, mechanical builds, troubleshooting, RIPing and imaging film. Responsible for network. Trained and managed employees.
Painted Elephant Design, Columbus, OH
July 1993 – May 1997
- Art director for Mars Golf and Moo Magazine. Created and designed catalogs, promotional materials, logos, identity systems. From conception to finished product. Oversaw photo shoots, press runs, etc. Clients included: Mars Golf Supply, Moo Magazine, Tour Golf Products, OfficeMax, FurnitureMax, Beckley-Cardy, Warner Cable, Zaner-Bloser, Heifer, Mindwalk Studios, Kreber Graphics, Household Bank, Versacolor.
Macmillan/McGraw-Hill, Columbus, OH
Photo Director/3rd Grade
May 1991 – May 1993
- Along with designer and editor, created 3rd grade textbook series for California school system as part of Science Series 93 ($50 million dollar budget). Involved with all aspects from start to finish—sitting in with authors to develop content to final print runs and marketing.
- Responsible for $9 million of stock images.
- Primary duty involved creating and directing photo shoots and scanning of transparencies into digital files.
The Ohio State University – BA
New York University – Certificate in Web Development
Available upon request.